Audi Q5 in Review
Fri, 17 Oct 2014
Audi's approach to building premium vehicles is familiar by now: Satisfy segment standards, then add healthy doses of style, cabin quality and powertrain excellence. The 2015 Audi Q5 crossover could serve as Exhibit A.
Take a look at one at a dealer and you'll no doubt find that it looks great and has an interior that oozes luxury. You'll probably find a Q5 that suits your powertrain desires, too. Audi offers it with everything from a turbocharged four-cylinder engine to a turbocharged diesel V6, throwing in a supercharged V6 and a four-cylinder hybrid system for good measure. Although the Q5 is one of the older members of its class, with roots stretching back to 2009, consistent updates over the years have maintained its leading status.
Audi's engineers have also been trying to make their creations more fun to drive, and the Q5 is exemplary here as well. It really does feel at home dashing between corners on a country road. The downside is that on bumpy roads the Q5 will jostle you around more than competing rivals. If you value this crossover's above-average handling, you probably won't mind; otherwise, you might.
Compact luxury crossovers like the Q5 are all the rage these days, so the competition is predictably fierce. If you want extra sportiness and don't mind giving up some interior space (and potentially paying a whole lot more), be sure to test-drive the 2015 Porsche Macan. Another direct Q5 competitor is the 2015 BMW X3, which, like the Audi, offers varied powertrains plus an even more spacious feel inside. Two other more family-friendly choices would be the 2015 Acura RDX and 2015 Volvo XC60.
- Audi Vs. Mercedes – Which Luxury Car Is Right For You?
- How To Improve Your Credit And Secure Your Dream Car
- 4 Ways Used Cars Outshine New Ones
- A Step-By-Step Guide To Buying A Luxury Vehicle
- 4 Safety Features To Look For When Buying A Luxury Car
- How To Take Care Of Your Car (And Yourself) This Winter
- 4 Things To Consider When You Take A Test Drive
- Tips For Buying Your Kid’s First Car This Christmas
- Out With The Old – Trade In Your Old Car This New Year
- How To Buy A Used Car The Easy Way This Christmas